Example of recount: Our Visit to the Garden Centre

I went to the Garden Centre on Wednesday with Mrs Jackson and the rest of class 3. It was part of our project on Growing Things. I like plants and I wanted to see if I could afford to buy any. First Mr Austen the Manager showed us the house plants. He explained that they were plants that had to be kept warm and would die if they were put in the garden. Mr Austen said that on Mother’s Day and Valentine’s Day everyone comes to buy plants or flowers and they have to get in extra.

Next we looked at the outside bit where they sell plants to go in the garden. They have everything from apple trees and rose bushes to plants to grow in a pond. I like the rose bushes even though I pricked my finger. Then we looked at the bit where they sell things like fountains and garden benches. They had a stone lion that I really liked. It would look really good next to our front door. Marianne and Nabil had their photograph taken next to a big fountain, with all the water coming out of a fish’s mouth. I learned a lot of things about plants but the most useful thing I learned was that if you don’t water plants they die. Most of the plants were very expensive but I bought a pack of seeds. I hope they grow!.

Source: Recount

0 comments:

Post a Comment